Angel with Coat of Arms of Freiburg, 1510
About the object
Wydyz was commissioned to make three adorned wooden discs (Schlussringdeckel) to close the openings of the circular ribs surrounding the crown of the vaults in the new Minster in 1510. These openings were used to lift up the construction material. The adorned wooden discs were donated by the Minster factory, the city of Freiburg and the house of Austria. Copies now replace the originals in the Minster.