Angel with Coat of Arms of Freiburg, 1510
About the object
Wydyz made three "discs" for the arched roof of the new Minster choir. They covered the openings through which building materials were pulled upwards, and were donated by the city of Freiburg, the Minster factory (see opposite), and the House of Austria (not on display). Copies now replace the originals in the Minster.