Johann Martin Morat
About the object
For a long time, the mill was powered by the Wutach River. With its large water wheels, ensconced in the overgrown river landscape, it is an idyllic motif. This study depicts the mill before it was extended to incorporate a large factory building on the right bank dedicated to textile production, which was added in 1847.